Sports School of the Year
We are delighted to announce that we won the School of Year at the Leap Awards 2022. The Leap Awards recognises the people and organisations who improve lives through movement, physical activity and sport across Bucks and Milton Keynes.
I was overwhelmed with pride for the school and all the team, who work so hard to provide sporting and physical activity opportunities for all.
Thank you to:
- Chance to Shine Cricket and our lovely coach, Emily Hunt, for providing high quality cricket coaching which set us in good stead for the Waddesdon Cricket festival this week.
- Caroline Care from JWT Coaching for providing exceptional high quality PE Tennis lessons for all year groups and offering our students an afterschool club.
- Team Rubicon for providing a wonderful experience day of skateboarding and scootering for the whole school.
- Katy Kelly and Tom Brazier from Mandeville School Partnership for organising the exciting sports events from the swimming gala, gymnastics (where we came first and attended the County finals), the netball league, where we came first in our division and attended the finals, the cricket festival, and the Year 6 games (July 13th).
- Miss Sharon for providing super dance/cheerleading lessons available to all pupils.
- Our parent volunteers, Becky Swain and Lee Peaks, they have been huge part of our school sports this year and have supported our children to reach the netball team to the finals, the girls’ football team through the league and the boys’ football through the league (still awaiting results!) We took part in the biggest ever football session giving girls equal access to football in school, following on from this, due to popular demand, we have introduced a girls’ only football session every Wednesday during playtime, it has been a delight to see the boys fully supporting this initiative. The children in the dance club have been so excited to be involved and their positive attitude has been infectious.
Finally, thank you to the children, their enthusiasm for sport and physical activity is what makes this so successful. This is a team effort, and I am so proud to be part of it.